- Nature of trauma (e.g., physical or sexual assault, combat, occupational injury, vehicular accident, natural disaster)?
- Type of trauma: Type I vs. Type II trauma (single event vs. multiple, repeated/prolonged events)?
- Number and duration of traumatic events?
- Age of trauma victim?
- Human-perpetrated (intentional, unintentional) vs. non-human-perpetrated trauma?
- Victim-perpetrator relationship?
- Perceived severity of trauma (e.g. life threatening)?
- Emotional state at time of trauma (e.g. degree of emotional upset, numbing, dissociation)?
- Trauma coping responses (peri-trauma, post-trauma)?
- PTSD symptoms (past, current)?
- Predominant PTSD emotions and related cognitions?
- Other trauma-related emotions and cognitions?
- Previous trauma(s) experienced?
Mervin Smucker Ph.D. Psychology